Jump to topics below:
Ashesi's Values | Staff Job Openings | Faculty Job Openings
Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (BECA) of the
United States Department of State has invited Ashesi
University to participate in the Fulbright Program. US faculty
interested in joining our team during the 2006-2007 academic
year should contact Ashesi at
firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
Ashesi is currently recruiting teaching staff for the 2005 academic year, which will begin in August 2005. Below is a list of subject areas, courses, and the timing of each course. Descriptions of each course can be read by clicking on the course title. Please also review our description of the
service learning component of Ashesi's curriculum, in which all faculty will be involved.
requirements for faculty positions:
Willingness and ability to teach and continuously evolve cross-disciplinary liberal arts, business administration and computer science curricula.
- Masters degree and relevant professional experience, or a Doctorate degree and relevant teaching or research experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to teach in a discussion format and to encourage maximum classroom participation by students.
- Demonstrated capability in the use of computer technology.
- Substantial successful teaching experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with the liberal arts method of instruction. An undergraduate education at a liberal arts college is a plus.
All faculty members will also serve as student advisors for the Service Learning Seminar.
should submit the follow information to Ashesi:
- Curriculum vitae
- A one- to two-page statement of teaching philosophy and professional development interests, explaining the benefits of the proposed approach to teaching.
- Names and contact addresses of three professional references, of whom at least two can directly attest to teaching and student counseling capabilities or potential.
Applications should be sent to:
Director of Operations
PMB CT3, Cantonments
No. 87, 3rd Norla
Tel: +233(21)784-766 or +233(21)784-767
Promising applicants will be invited for an interview and may also be asked to conduct an academic seminar to present some of their research work.
Back to top
Copyright © 1999-2005 Ashesi University Foundation. All rights reserved.