Ashesi University College is a world class university with an ultra-modern new campus at Berekuso, northwest of Accra on the Aburi – Akwapim range and approximately 60 minutes’ drive from Accra.
Currently we have urgent need for the following:
- Chair, Department of Engineering
- French Lecturer
- Lecturer, Human Resource Management ( January - May, 2013)
- Faculty Intern; Entrepreneurship II ( January - May, 2013)
Other Faculty Roles:
In addition we are always interested hearing from qualified academics in any of the underlisted majors we offer.
- Business Administration
- Arts and Sciences
- Computer Science and Management Information Systems
General Requirements for Faculty Positions:
Willingness and ability to teach and continuously evolve cross-disciplinary liberal arts, business administration and computer science curricula.
- PhD or M. Phil degree with relevant teaching and research experience in the majors indicated above
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to teach in a discussion format and to encourage maximum classroom participation by students
- Demonstrated capability in the use of computer technology
- Familiarity with the liberal arts method of instruction. An undergraduate education at a liberal arts college is a plus
Prospective faculty should submit the following as part of their application:
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A one- to two-page statement of teaching philosophy and professional development interests, explaining the benefits of the proposed approach to teaching.
- Names and contact addresses of three professional references, of whom at least two can directly attest to teaching and student counseling capabilities or potential.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview and may also be asked to conduct an academic seminar.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.