President's Selected Writings & Speeches

Citations to Professor Nana Araba Apt, and Matthew Taggart

Citation for Matthew Taggart

Matthew Taggart joined Ashesi University Foundation in 2000 as the third member of the Ashesi team. He played a crucial role in our fundraising efforts; helping to raise [ Read more...]

Reflections on 2012, and Happy Holidays!

As I reflect on this, the year of Ashesi’s tenth anniversary, I am amazed and inspired by what we have all accomplished.

We were all pleasantly surprised when Ashesi was nominated among the ten most respected corporations in Ghana in a [ Read more...]

Acceptance of Berkeley Haas Leading Through Innovation Award 2012

I would like to say a big thank you to Ashesi co-founder, Nina Marini, who is here with us this evening, and who played such a critical role in the creation of Ashesi University. Many thanks too, to the International Business Development (IBD) [ Read more...]

Ashesi's nomination as the 7th most respected corporation in Ghana 2012

October 23, 2012

Dear Members of the Ashesi Community,

It gives me great pleasure to inform you that Ashesi University has been named the 7th Most Respected Company in the 2012 PricewaterhouseCoopers/Business and Financial Times [ Read more...]

Reflections on the Ashesi Way

What is Ashesi’s Culture? What decisions do we make, and how do we act every day? How will the Ashesi Community help transform Africa?

Our answer --a set of guidelines for decision making and behaviour-- is grounded in Ashesi’s [ Read more...]

Message from the Ashesi Community regarding President John Atta Mills’ death

From: Patrick G. Awuah, Jr.

Date: 25th July, 2012

We are all saddened by the news of President John Atta Mills’ death yesterday. President Mills was widely recognized as a man of deep faith, and a champion of human rights and [ Read more...]

Commencement 2012 - President’s Address

Commencement 2012, June 30th, 2012

Nananom, distinguished guest speaker, representative from the University of Cape Coast, parents, family and friends, and dear Class of 2012, welcome to the eighth graduation ceremony at Ashesi University [ Read more...]

Commencement 2011 - President’s Address

Patrick Awuah, Founder and President June 4, 2011

Distinguished guest speaker, parents, family and friends and dear Class of 2011, welcome to the seventh commencement ceremony at Ashesi University College. Congratulations, Class of 2011, for [ Read more...]

Reflections - Lessons from the Ivory Coast crisis: Are African Nations doomed to descend into civil strife?

Patrick Awuah, Founder & President.

May 4, 2011.

As a native Ghanaian, presiding over a university of 500 hardworking, optimistic students from 11 African countries, I have watched with concern and sorrow as the citizens of [ Read more...]

Commencement 2010 President's Address

Patrick Awuah, Founder & President

June 5, 2010

Distinguished guest speaker, parents, family and friends and Class of 2010, welcome to the sixth graduation ceremony at Ashesi University College. Class of 2010, congratulations on [ Read more...]

Stay Connected

Stay connected with us on Facebook  Stay connected with us on Twitter  Stay connected with us on YouTube  Stay connected with us on Google+