We are committed to excellence and therefore recruit the best and brightest students through a very competitive application process. Though we place an emphasis on academic merit, our admissions committee also focuses on factors such as leadership potential, extracurricular activities, communication skills and writing proficiency.
1. Completed application form, including personal essays.
2. High School transcripts.
3. One of the following examination results is required:
- West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examination (WASSCE). Six subjects are used to calculate your standard WASSCE score: Integrated Science, Core Math, Core English and three electives. A minimum grade of C6 in each subject is required to apply.
- IGCSE/GCE ‘O’ Level and at least three ‘A’ Level passes (with grade A-D)
- International Baccalaureate(IB) certificate or IB Diploma
- French Baccalaureate (a certified copy of the original score and a certified translated copy in English)
- Other equivalent exam results approved by the National Accreditation Board of Ghana
In addition to meeting the requirements described for Ghanaian nationals, applications from International students must meet the following requirements:
- Certified Translation: Transcripts or other supporting documents submitted by international applicants in a language other than English must be translated and certified as copies of the original document(s).
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): International students for who English is a second language must submit a TOEFL score. The minimum passing grade required is 80 for the Internet Based Test (iBT).
In line with the University of Cape Coast (UCC) academic rules and regulation policy, all students that transfer into Ashesi must begin as first year students. Ashesi does not accept transfers into the 2nd, 3rd or 4th year of our academic program.
In order to secure admission, transfer candidates must provide official transcripts from each college or university attended. It is your responsibility to ensure that an official transcript has been received from each institution attended in order to complete your application.